Please see the attached .pdf file below for details about joining 5th Grade Band, as well as information about the Instrument Rental night on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2014 from 4:00 to 6:00pm in the HIGH SCHOOL Band/Chorus Room!
Practice time sheets are going home with all band students today. They need to be practicing 15 minutes a night, 5 nights a week, for a total of 75 minutes per week. This is for a grade, and is required of ALL band students. Please see the attached document below if a new print out is needed.
Today 4-6pm will be Instrument Night and sign up for 5th grade band!
ALL students wanting to be in band need to be present!
See the attached file (which will also be getting sent home today) for full details/info!
1. What instrument is the soprano voice of the strings? It is also the smallest/highest of the string family!
2. This instrument is bigger than the smallest one, but still held/played the same way. Considered the alto. Looks like it's spelled similar to a color similar to purple, also a flower...
3. Helllloooooooooooo, remember this one just starts with a C! A whole octave lower than #2, it is played upright while the player sits.
4. This is DOUBLE the size of #3, and is the largest/lowest sounding of the string instruments. Often seen in jazz bands, standing at the back of the group.
5. The harp has how many strings? HINT: it's more than 4, but less than 48!
6. Pizzicato is a technique in playing a string instrument in which the player uses something other than the bow to make sound. What do they use, and how do they do it?
A letter detailing important dates and information for the semester went home with all 5th grade students today. Please, be sure to read through it!
I highly recommend the WIU Summer Music Institute for any student ranging from (I believe) going in to 6th grade up through just graduated, interested in choral, instrumental, and even jazz study to take a look at their website and information!
Now is the time for 5/6 Bands members to start working on a "popular" song of some kind. It can be a radio or TV jingle, a song you'd hear on the radio, anything! And remember, it doesn't need to be the whole thing if it's an actual song, just a chorus or verse will do. Have fun with it!
5th Grade - We will also start working on playing a Concert Bb Scale
6th Grade - Starting to work on Concert Bb Scale, as well as Concert Eb Scale and Concert F Scale.
**Percussion, this means you will need BELL KITS for a couple weeks!**
There will be a letter going home with ALL 5th/6th students today regarding the 2013 5th and 6th Bands and Choirs Spring Concert, which will be on Wednesday, April 17, at 7:00pm in the GS gym.
Here is the letter in a PDF file, just in case it somehow gets misplaced :)
All band students (both 5th AND 6th) will be receiving new music today, as well as new FOLDERS to put and keep your music, Essential Elements 2000 books, and pencils in!
Do not lose these!